Band 4 Operations Technician
Band 4 IT Operations Technician required on a temporary basis based in Belfast City Centre.
Role: IT Operations Technician
Rate of Pay: £10.20ph
Hours: 37.5 per week
Duration: 6 months
This post will involve working in one or many specialist areas of ICT including but not limited to: technical support, applications support, service desk, software development, web design, communications & network support, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing. Technicians may also be part of short or long term project teams either directly delivering services or working with commercial providers to implement projects.
- Provide ICT services as part of a specialist ICT services or project team
- Proactive monitoring of Infrastructure and Application services
- Technical support services for Infrastructure such as desktops and mobile clients, servers, operating systems, storage, networking and domain services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc.)
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain a high level of relevant knowledge and skills
- Development of knowledge of the relevant business areas associated with the ICT service or Project.
- Liaise with colleagues plus suppliers/vendors as required, ensuring good relationships are maintained at all times.Participate fully in BSO quality initiatives particularly those involving ITS and specifically the application of ISO 20000;
- Assist the Service Manager with the planning of delegated budgets, deployment of financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables;
- GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
- 2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
- At least 1 year's relevant experience*
- At least 18 months relevant experience*)
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 20th September 2019**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.