Band 4 Operations Technician
Band 4 Operations Technician required on a temporary basis based in Centre House, Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Operations Technician
Rate of Pay: £10.20
Location: Centre House, Belfast
Duration: Six Months
This post will involve working in one or many specialist areas of ICT including but not limited to: technical support, applications support, service desk, software development, web design, communications & network support, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing. Technicians may also be part of short or long term project teams either directly delivering services or working with commercial providers to implement projects.
- Provide ICT services as part of a specialist ICT services or project team
- Proactive monitoring of Infrastructure and Application services
- Technical support services for Infrastructure such as desktops and mobile clients, servers, operating systems, storage, networking and domain services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc.)
- Development, configuration and support of databases
- Develop and Modify software as directed
- Develop user requirements and specifications for software and equipment.
- Carry out Business and Data analysis
- Provide ICT Technical expertise, feedback and guidance
- Work with software suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions
- Testing and Review of products and solutions
- Network and Security services such as TCP/IP network equipment and software, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Other duties as specified by manager
- GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
At least 1 year's relevant experience
- At least 18 months relevant experience
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and a proven ability work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full), and to establish good professional relationships
- Experience in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail, whilst working to tight deadlines
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 10th November 2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.