Band 4 IT Operations Technician required on a temporary basis based in Chichester Street.
Role: IT Operations Technician
Rate of Pay: £10.20ph
Location: Chichester Street
Hours: 37.5 per week
This post will involve working on the ITS Service Desk, handling calls from Health Service staff, Northern Ireland Fire Service and third party suppliers. The post holder will also be responsible for first line resolution for a number of different systems. The ITS Service Desk is ITIL and ISO20000 compliant; and as such the post holder will have access to extensive operational documentation in order to meet the demands of the role in full.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Log incidents and service requests received by telephone, email or via the Infra portal from Health Service staff and third party suppliers
- Provide first level resolution services for a number of systems (e.g. Active Directory password resets, blackberry activations and password resets, creating email addresses and managing mailbox permissions using MS Exchange etc)
- Liaise with customers to acquire the necessary details regarding logged incidents and service requests
- Liaise with second level support teams and third party suppliers to ensure incidents and service requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Publish notifications about service outages to customers
- Monitor the progress of incidents and service requests that are the responsibility of the Service Desk and action in order to meet SLA targets
- Manage incident escalations
- Provide technical expertise, feedback and guidance to customers
- GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
- 2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
- At least 1 year's relevant experience*
- At least 18 months relevant experience*)
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
- Knowledge of Active Directory and MS Exchange (adding users, permissions, password resets, etc.)
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Experience in providing customer support services
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Marrianne or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 30th January 2020
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.