Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Personal Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 4 Personal Assistant
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Deal with the Assistant Director's general correspondence and be required to analyse all incoming mail / e-mails / information and ensure it is dealt with in an effective, efficient and prompt manner e.g.
- By drawing urgent and important matters to the Assistant Director e.g. Parliamentary Questions which have been forwarded from the Minister of Health's' Office by communicating with the Chief Executives Office, Directors, Assistant Directors, Heads of Services, Service Managers, Team Managers, etc.
- By drafting letters, paperwork on behalf of the Assistant Director.
- By ensuring that issues are addressed and correspondence is brought to the relevant meeting or forum.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing mail/correspondence is organised within appropriate timescales and deadlines.
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with immediately; details of the complaints are forwarded without delay to appropriate investigating officers, that draft replies are collated within the prescribed timescales or that any anticipated delays regarding same are notified to the Assistant Director.
- Manage Complaint responses to ensure responses are accurate, address the issues referred to in the complaint fully and meet the standard response time,
- Also act as central point of contact for all complaints within Learning Disability Services liaising weekly with the Complaints Department, also maintaining the Master File for all complaints logging them appropriately.
- The preparation of documentation, presentations (files and papers) for the Assistant Director of Learning Disability Services in advance of meetings and provision of briefings as appropriate.
- Servicing meetings including preparation of agendas, preparation and distribution of papers, minute taking and follow up action where necessary.
- Making all travel arrangements, travel schedules, accommodation etc required by Heads of Services and drafting letter to Travel Section on behalf of the Assistant Director.
- Sourcing locations of where meetings are held to assist the Assistant Director.
- Recording of monthly sickness and absence for all Heads of Services.
- Collating absence returns for all of Learning Disability Services in preparation for Divisional Absence Accountability Meeting
- Collating Divisional referrals for Absence Clinics for OH & HR in a timely manner in advance of Clinics
- Undertake relevant research as required by the Assistant Director to assist in undertaking their duties.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised systems e.g. SOSCARE & EPEX
5 GCSE's (Grade A-C) to include English Language PLUS 2 year's clerical/secretarial experience to include 1 years minute taking experience:-
GCSE (Grade A-C) English Language PLUS 3 year's clerical experience to include 1 years minute taking experience:-
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must have: RSA II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent
Equivalent Qualifications considered.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.