Role: Band 4 Resource Technician
Rate of Pay: £10.20
Location: BSO, Chichester Street, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: At least 3 months
To provide support to the Assistant Director in an efficient, effective and high quality manner, and to act as a link between the Assistant Director and the Senior Management Team. The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination of their workload to meet the demands of the Assistant Director and for ensuring necessary follow up action and deadlines are met.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to service improvement related to your service area
- Responsible for the organisation and provision of personal assistant duties and support to the Assistant Director this will include diary management, dictation, word processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports, briefings etc.
- Research, collation and presentation of information and reports as necessary
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries to the Assistant Director ensuring effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place and that the necessary follow up action is undertaken
- Drafting correspondence and reports on behalf of the Assistant Director
- To service all meetings including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, production of minutes and the progression of minute
- Responsible for initiating and follow up action arising from various meetings arranged by the Assistant Director
- To maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, maintaining appropriate communication networks and presenting a professional image appropriate to the office of Assistant Director
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate
- Telephone duties- dealing with queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information
- To provide administrative and secretarial cover to other senior officers as required
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times
- Provide project support to Business systems projects
- Undertake appropriate tasks within the IT Resource team, as required and report on progress
1. GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C)
OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
2. 2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
3. Have worked for at least 18 months in a general administrative role within an office environment. Experience should include diary management, servicing meetings and minute taking.
Have worked for at least 3 years in a general administrative role within an office environment. Experience should include diary management, servicing meetings and minute taking.
Ability to work as an effective member of a team and a proven ability work on own initiative with minimum supervision
Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full), and to establish good professional relationships
Experience in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Ability to analyse complex data and present results in an appropriate manner
Ability to work accurately, demonstrating attention to detail, whilst working to tight deadlines
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 26th August 2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.