Band 4 Senior Secretary
Band 4 Senior Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Senior Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.20
Duration: Temporary, Month to Month
- To provide daily administrative and secretarial support functions, including drafting and typing letters, audio typing, data inputting and processing, email management, records management etc.
- To organise and maintain diaries as required and to ensure the Director/Assistant Director is well prepared for meetings with relevant supporting agenda and paperwork.
- To utilise Microsoft Office applications in order to produce high quality documents, presentations and reports as required.
- To deal with incoming emails, faxes and post and ensure effective and timely management of same, ensuring that action is taken and issues prioritised.
- To manage telephone calls, enquiries and requests from internal and external stakeholders as required, ensuring that action is taken and issues prioritised.
- To ensure that all information is produced in line with current legislation requirements and policies/procedures within the Trust, in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- To provide administrative services for specific Committees, meetings and projects including organising of meetings, issuing of agendas, supporting documentation and initiating follow-up actions as required. Minute/note taking responsibilities as directed.
- To supervise and delegate work to subordinate staff on a day-to-day basis as required, ensuring that all tasks are carried out to agreed quality and time targets.
- To provide training in own discipline to less experienced members of staff if and when required.
- To participate on selection and interview panels as required.
- To ensure that statutory regulations and Trust policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English/English Language and Maths, or equivalent educational qualifications.
- 2 years experience in an administrative or secretarial position.
- Word/Text Processing Level 2 - OCR/RSA (or equivalent).
- Ability to minute/note take at Committee level, meetings etc.
- Ability to delegate, motivate and use initiative
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 22/04/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.