Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 5 Communications Officer required on a temporary basis based in Knockbracken
Role: Band 5 Communications Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.21 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: 6 Months to be reviewed
- Provide a media, digital and events communications service as part of the Communications Team of Belfast Trust
- Handle media enquiries, the preparation and issuing of statements and liaising with print, electronic and online media
- Providing media and communications support to Directors, Clinicians and Senior Managers as well as staff throughout the organisation
- Liaise with communications colleagues, and others, to ensure the safeguarding of the Trust's reputation and the identification of opportunities for co-ordinated communication
- Identify, develop and deliver proactive media opportunities
- Develop communications plans for proactive and potentially high profile changes that may impact on service delivery or the reputation of the Trust
- Participate in monitoring, responding and creating content on social media platforms
- To act as a first point of contact for journalists and other media in relation to all enquiries about Trust services, staff, plans and other related matters
- Facilitate media interviews, arrange and manage press conferences, photo calls, interviews and campaign launches, co-ordinating journalists and media crews on Trust premises
- Respond to situations where support, advise and liaison with patients, clients, families/carers is required on issues involving media requests, and facilitate access, interviews, photographs or statements
- Assist in the analysis of media trends and the development of Trust media strategies as required
- Prepare briefs for trainers and staff and manage the delivery and evaluation of the same.
- Develop a level of competency in on line communication technologies to provide operational support in the updating and maintenance of the Trust's internet and intranet sites
- Record enquiries using electronic monitoring system/database for media enquiries and related matters.
- Assist with the organisation of corporate events, public affairs, and digital communication when necessary.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager or Head of Communications.
- Assist with preparation of briefings and other writing as delegated
- Represent Communication Services as delegated
- Attend as a member of, or adviser to various committees as appropriate.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Grafton will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 21st Dec 2018
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.