Band 5 Digital Communications Officer
Band 5 Digital Communications Officer required on a temporary basis based in Knockbracken.
Role: Band 5 Digital Communications Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.66
Duration: April 2020
- Write and edit high quality content across the Trust's digital channels including internet, intranet and social media.
- Develop the Trust's social media following by posting, responding to and monitoring content, as well as identifying opportunities for growth and engagement.
- Contribute to the development of new websites as directed by the Digital Communications Manager.
- Work with services and departments across the Trust to develop intranet sites, and support content managers across the organisation.
- Advise, support and encourage staff across the Trust to optimise their use of social media, the intranet and other digital channels to promote their service.
- Liaise with the ICT department as needed to improve functionality and log service requests.
- Play a role in content planning: including researching new content, graphics, images, designs and layouts in line with Trust priorities.
- Operate as an integral member of the communications team to effectively deliver projects across the broad spectrum of communications functions, including events, public affairs, media and stakeholder communications.
- Undertake such training and personal development as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the post.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by your line manager.
Demonstrate, giving specific, personal examples, evidence of the following:
- experience of monitoring and developing social media channels to increase user engagement
- experience of conveying and receiving complex information to/from other departments in the organisation, and responding to requests in an appropriate and timely way
- experience of working as part of a team and fostering effective team relationships
- experience of working in all areas of the communications function including digital, events, media and public affairs
- A third level qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) with at least one year's paid employment in the field of communications or a related discipline
- three years' paid employment in the field of communications or a related discipline.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 23rd SEPTEMBER 2019**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.