Band 5 Finance Officer required on a temporary basis based in Belfast city centre.
Role: Band 5 Finance Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.66 per hour
Location: Belfast City Centre
Duration: March 2020
- In liaison with the Senior Management Accountant, ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly financial reports for respective business areas.
- Prepare monthly journals and accruals required for the completion of the monthly accounts.
- Review monthly expenditure by transaction types and investigate unexpected spend and where required, make necessary adjustments or review with budget holder or service manager to secure explanations and ensure proper financial control is maintained.
- Prepare monthly reports for budget holders with variance analysis and commentary.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors in respect of in year and year end audits.
- Assist with the preparation of year end statutory accounts and working papers for the year end audit file.
- Assist in annual budgeting process for each business area and liaise with each Heads of Services and the Assistant Directors to prepare and finalise.
- Assist with month end procedures and the resolution of queries associated with the production of the monthly and annual accounts.
- University degree in a finance or related subject or other third level qualification and one year's relevant* finance experience
(b) 3 years relevant* finance experience
- Experience in the use of a financial accounting system; and Microsoft office applications particularly Microsoft excel and word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- An ability to work on own initiative and with others in a team.
- An ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 18th October 2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.