Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 5 Finance Officer based in Belfast City Centre
Rate of Pay: £11.21 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: 3 Months
The post holder will be an active member of the FHS Finance team and will undertake a wide range of duties, providing support to the 3 Accountants and Head Accountant within the team. Knowledge of MS Excel is essential
(1) Maintain the Creditor databases established for each provider
(2) Record invoices on creditor database. Ensure correct coding, appropriate service group, category of expenditure, and rate charged. Distribute invoices to service groups for approval
(3) Process approved invoices for payment and record on creditor database
(4) Follow up with service groups all invoices that are due and/or over-due for payment
(5) Produce payment journal for all payments generated
(6) At month end create a creditor journal for each provider
(7) Establish effective communication channels with internal and external stakeholders
(8) Perform any other duties as may be required by the Director of Finance
(9) Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst the staff reporting to him/her
- A university degree or recognised professional qualification and
- 1 year's recent finance experience.
- 3 year's recent finance experience.
- 2. Good communication and interpersonal skills, having worked with a range of stakeholders.
- 3. A thorough working knowledge of financial systems and pc applications, and an ability to utilise them to their full potential.
- *Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must have five GCSEs Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths/Accounts and English and one year's Finance experience.
- Knowledge of computer systems particularly Excel
- Interview Skills & Aptitudes
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate face to face with clients, their representatives and other relevant personnel.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to plan workload and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop good working relationships with other staff members.
- *Relevant experience is defined as experience of working with computerised financial systems in a busy finance office.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathy or Angie will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 24th October