Band 5 HR Advisor , required on a temporary basis based in NIAS Headquarters, Knockbracken Health Care Park.
Role: Band 5 HR Advisor
Rate of Pay: £11.66
Location: Knockbracken Health Care Park
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: 3 Months
- To assist the Senior HR Advisor/Team Leader/ Assistant Director, Employment, Performance and Corporate Services with the review, revision, development and implementation of the Trust's HR Strategy and Employee Relations policies and procedures throughout NIAS, adhering to appropriate legislation.
- To assist the Senior HR Advisor/Team Leader/ Assistant Director, Employment, Performance and Corporate Services with the management of change and organisational improvement development ensuring objectives are achieved within agreed timescales.
- To provide comprehensive guidance, advice and support to managers and staff on employment legislation, best practice, terms and conditions of service and Trust/HR policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships and communications with Trade Union representatives including consultation and negotiation as and when required.
- To co-ordinate the provision of information to all key stakeholders and external agencies eg the Equality Commission and Central Office of the Industrial and Fair Employment Tribunals on employment relations matters.
- Under the direction of the Senior HR Advisor/Team Leader/ Assistant Director, Employment, Performance and Corporate Services undertake ad hoc projects as and when required.
- To assist with the timely benchmarking, development and review of Employee Relations policies and procedures taking into account compliance with employment legislation, DHSS&PS guidance and best practice in HR management.
- In conjunction with the Senior HR Advisor/Team Leader/ Assistant Director, Employment, Performance and Corporate Services and Regional Ambulance Training Centre (RATC), assist with the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of HR training and development activities.
- To provide advice, support and development to managers in handling employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievance, attendance management and capability to ensure timely, effective and consistent outcomes are reached.
- A relevant HR degree or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 1 years' experience in a HR function.
A relevant HR diploma or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a HR function.
A minimum of 4 years' experience in a HR function, 2 years of which must be at Band 4 or above.
- A least 1 years' experience of working with computerised and manual Human Resources information and administrative systems including the production and analysis of statistical information.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite ie Word, Excel, Access and Power point presentation or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate experience of working in an Employee Relations function and the review and implementation of current employment law and best practice.
- Must demonstrate experience of advising employees and managers at all levels on HR practice, policy and procedure.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Sunday 3rd November 2019**