Role: Band 5 Operations Support
Rate of Pay: 11.66 per hour
Location: Business Service Organisation ,Centre House , Chichester Street Belfast city centre
Duration: ASAP - at least 6 months
The post holder will be involved in delivering Project Implementation, Quality Assurance and Analysis and System Administration Services across a range of functions to support HSC business processes. Services will be delivered to support the use of ICT in one or more of the following business areas: Business Systems; Infrastructure and Architecture; Integration, Data Warehousing and New systems development; Community Social Services and Primary Care; Secondary Care; eHealth Projects
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- Support the analysis of user requirements and assist in the design, implementation, development, documentation and support of complex ICT solutions;
- Provision of support for preparation and documentation of project specifications;
- Work with key stakeholders and software suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions;
- Provision of system management and administration expertise to support the roll-out of projects and services;
- Provision of ICT technical expertise, feedback and guidance to service users and Key Stakeholders;
- Develop test plans for new project elements, such as interfaces and perform testing against plans, documenting outcomes and remediating where appropriate;
- Working with clinical, service and IT specialists to ensure testing and delivery of project elements meet requirements;
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems related to ICT solutions or data quality issues ensuring escalation where required;
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of robust backup and business continuity procedures for services
- Quality & IT Service Management Best Practice
- Participate fully in BSO quality initiatives particularly those involving ITS and specifically the application of ISO 20000;
- Use and compliance with the ITS ISO 20000 Approved service management processes for all elements of service management;
- Ensure ICT Services operational documentation for which they are responsible for is kept up to date.
- Financial and Resource Management
- Assist the Service Manager with the planning of delegated budgets, deployment of financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables;
- Support the approval processes for ICT expenditure, including input to business case development, gateway reviews and project evaluations;
- Support the monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT solutions and services.
1a) A university degree or equivalent or a relevant professional qualification PLUS 1 years relevant experience*
1b) A HND plus 2 years relevant experience*
1c) Have 4 years relevant experience*
1d) Have successfully completed a 2-year Level 3 ICT Apprenticeship within the past 5 years PLUS have 3 years recent relevant experience*. Achievement of this qualification must have been assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body. Participants must have completed a competence based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3, a knowledge based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3 and the mandatory essential skills. (Application of Number - Level 2 Communication - Level 2 ICT - Level 2)
2) At least 6 months experience in the use of business-related computer systems and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
*Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting Programmes and Projects in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes ICT areas such as Programme/Project Office, application implementation, service delivery, software development & support; web design and development; communications and network support; and technical support services for infrastructure.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Have experience and ability in planning and managing activities to deliver against service delivery plans;
- Have worked effectively to influence and achieve results with a range of stakeholders;
- Have the ability to identify, collate and analyse information from a variety of sources to support decision making and reporting.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 28th October 2019.