Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 5 Senior Human Resource Officer on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 5 Senior Human Resource Officer
Rate of Pay: 11.66 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday - Friday 9 - 5
Duration: Temporary short term
Pay, Terms and Conditions
- Provide support and guidance to Human Resources staff and monitor the checking of pay, grading and coding details of payroll documentation (new appointments, changes and terminations) completed by managers and Human Resources staff to make sure that the necessary deadlines are met for weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls. .
- Be responsible for processing documentation in relation to retirements including death in service and liaise with HSC Pensions Service as appropriate.
- Monitor processes to make sure that appropriate employment documentation is prepared including contracts of employment within the required 8 weeks period and that all essential pre-employment checks have been undertaken.Recruitment
- Undertake arrangements for medical, dental and senior executive recruitment and selection as appropriate and in line with the Trust's Recruitment Policy.
- Prepare and oversee advertising of posts. Liaise with managers and Directors to ensure criteria are correct and consistent.
- Identify problem areas in the recruitment of staff and work with senior HR staff to provide ideas, advice, solutions and assistance to resolve such difficulties.
- Manage a team of staff to make sure the work allocated is completed accurately and to meet deadlines.
- Assist and support the Human Resources Manager Band 6 and the Senior Human Resources Manager and Assistant Director Human Resources in human resources issues and initiatives.
- Review implement and monitor Human Resources procedures on a regular basis making recommendations of changes as appropriate and taking these forward.
- Contribute to planning and development of training within HR and throughout the Trust.
- Develop and maintain standards and quality of service to make sure consistency of approach and to enhance the provision of Human Resources services within the Trust.
- Liaise and work closely with other sections of the Human Resources and Training Directorate and with other departments in the Trust in order to assist the Trust to meet its objectives as set out in the Trust Delivery Plan.
- Undertake project work allocated by the Assistant Director and other senior Human Resources staff, which may relate to quality improvement, impact of new legislation, organisational development initiatives, service development.
- Undertake training and development as identified through the performance review process in order to meet the demands of the post and to further personal development.
- University degree or equivalent qualification Plus 1 years' experience in a Human Resources department at a *first line management level
- Certificate in Personnel recognised by CIPD Plus 2 years' experience in a Human Resources department at a *first line management level
- 3 years' experience in a Human Resources department, one year of which must have been at a *first line management level
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.