Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Role: Band 6 Procurement Manager
Rate of Pay: £13.45 per hour
Location: Boucher Road
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: 6 Months to be reviewed
- Collaborative Working/Key Working relationships
- Liaising with Directors, Directorate Managers and all key stakeholders to implement value for money procurement solutions based on PaLS strategic direction and Supply Chain best practice.
- Liaise with staff and customers to ensure that Operational Service and Budget Agreement targets are consistently achieved.
- Professional Leadership
- Managing the procurement service at their PaLS location and deputising as required for the Senior Procurement Manager in related matters.
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost effective procurement service and in developing that service to meet future needs and trends in the provision of Health Care
- Managing the procurement service so as to ensure optimum value for money is achieved in goods purchased and probity is maintained.
- Ensuring, through effective management, that staff comply with Government legislation and all policies, including ISO standards, in respect of procurement.
- Review key performance measures for the procurement function to assist in the management and appropriate resourcing of the function.
- Take a lead role in monitoring use of value for money tools in the procurement of goods and services and where necessary taking appropriate remedial action with customers to ensure the use of those tools for all procurement.
- Monitoring and reviewing as necessary procurement procedures and advising amendments where appropriate
- Development and Innovation
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and business planning.
- Support initiatives to secure continuous quality improvements.
- Support environmental strategies to conform to legislation and to support waste management policies and strategies.
- Liaise with Information Services on the development and implementation of electronic commerce trading solutions in relation to the Supply chain.
- People Management and Development
- Promote team working and encourage empowerment of staff within delegated areas of responsibility.
- Promote and develop the professional supplies management capabilities of PaLS.
- Assist in developing change management initiatives to Procurement staff.
- Assist in the assessment of education, training and development needs for procurement staff and carry out Performance Management process with appropriate staff.
- Assist in the promotion of quality, training and education initiatives.
- Service Delivery
- Lead and participate in developments and negotiations with key customers and suppliers for trust specific and multi trust value for money opportunities.
- Lead the development of customer focused procurement services for designated HSC Organisations.
- Manage the delivery of procurement services to maximise value for money for PaLS and its customers.
- Collaborate with other Procurement Managers in the development and negotiation of regional procurement opportunities and solutions.
- Lead in programmes of product rationalisation to promote improved inventory management and value for money.
- Support and participate in benchmarking initiatives as appropriate.
- Financial and Resource Management
- Management of staff resources, delegation of responsibility and authority for staff within Procurement location.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of programmes to meet efficiency savings targets within PaLS.
- Communication and Information Management
- Use management information to advise customers and suppliers on Procurement related matters.
- Use management information available to monitor performance and efficiency within Procurement location.
- Contribute to the promotion and implementation of e-commerce solutions as appropriate
- Participating in the development and use of Information Technology to meet the supply chain
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Grafton will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 11th Jan 2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.