Role: Band 6 Procurement Manager
Rate of Pay: £14.20
Location: Boucher Crescent, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: 6 months initially
- Liaising with directors, directorate managers and all key stakeholders to implement value for money procurement
- Liaise with staff and customers to ensure that operational service and budget agreement targets are consistently achieved
- Managing the procurement service at the PaLS location
- Supporting the senior procurement manager in providing a cost effective procurement service and in developing that service to meet future needs and trends.
- Managing procurement service so as to ensure optimum value for money is achieved in goods purchased and probity is maintained.
- Review key performance
- Monitoring and reviewing as necessary procurement procedures and advising amendments where appropriate
- Development and innovation
- People Management and Development
- Service delivery
- Financial and resource Management
- Communication and information Management
- A university degree or recognised professional qualification and 2 years experience in procurement and contracting
- In the absence of a university degree or relevant professional qualification candidates must have five years' relevant experience in procurement and contracting two of which must include the management of supervision of staff.
- Candidates must hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to high standard
- Candidate must have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within HSC Organisation.
- Candidates must be capable of assessing objectively all aspects in the management of the supply chain.
- Must have ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with officers at all levels and in all professions within the organisation and to supervise staff
- Candidates must be familiar with all public aspects of contracting, in particular public contacts Regulations 2015.
- Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
** PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 25/06/2019 **
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.