Band 7 Financial Payroll Accountant
Band 7 Financial Payroll Accountant required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 7 Financial Payroll Accountant
Rate of Pay: £16.82 per hour
Location: Belfast, Knockbracken
Duration: 6 months initially
The Financial Payroll Accountant will be responsible for effective financial and payroll related support to the Financial Accounting Manager and be the key liaison between NIAS and Business Service Organisation (BSO) Payroll Service Centre (PSC).
The Financial Payroll Accountant will act as the technical expert for the Trust on payroll and pension related matters, ensuring all relevant knowledge is shared widely in the department and advice on these matters. He / She will manage the provision of a comprehensive range of financial and payroll related services including payroll controls and ensure key deliverables are provided in accordance with the SLA agreement.
- Support the Assistant Director of Accounting & Financial Services in the implementation of rigorous control protocols for payroll, travel and sickness expenditure and assist in developing NIAS policy to achieve greater financial control and accuracy in financial reporting. Ensure that processes and procedures comply with internal financial controls and audit requirements.
- To prepare and provide regular system reporting for accurate management information, including Payroll system reporting. Also look to develop ad-hoc reports on financial and payroll related issues. The post holder will be empowered to look at ways to improve the area and regular continuous improvement to streamline processes will be supported by manager.
- Responsible for reviewing overpayments calculated by payroll Services Centre and review correction on the payroll system. Where appropriate, look to identify any Trust training requirements or procedural changes to reduce the risk of overpayments in the future.
- To assist the Financial Accounting Manager on planning and organising the efficient distribution of workload to ensure completion within strict deadlines. He/she will assist members of Finance staff to achieve deadlines as and when required and support the Finance department, to meet ongoing and future finance/payroll requirements.
- To provide professional and sound advice to managers on a range of payroll issues, ensuring that managers are clear on their responsibilities and are operating within the agreed policies and procedures.
- Qualified Accountant (member of ICAI, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or other approved body).
- 2 years relevant financial experience in the last 5 years.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 3rd May 2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.