Band 7 Learning and Development Manager
Role: Band 7 Learning and Development Manager
Rate of Pay: £16.82
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Until April 2020
The Learning and Development Manager will be responsible to the Senior Learning & Development Manager, Human Resources for the effective management of the Learning and Development function within the Human Resources Directorate consistent with the Trust's People Strategy and the HR Management Plan.
Key responsibilities will include the development of processes and policies to further a learning culture and advance the quality of experiences of learners. The post holder will bring forward innovative and flexible approaches to learning to support the Trust's ambition and organisational priorities. While the post holder will have allocated responsibilities, he/she will be expected to work in collaboration with colleagues within the section to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. He/she will also work closely with other members of the Corporate Human Resources Team, contributing to the development of a range of initiatives and achievement of objectives.
Lead responsibility for a number of key work streams and support the implementation of a range of learning and organisational development interventions, under the auspices of relevant Trust strategies including the Learning and Development Strategy, Leadership and Management Framework and Supporting Belfast Strategy for support workers. Work streams may include Investors in People, Leadership and Management development programmes; Team Effectiveness; Employee Engagement; Succession Planning; the Pre-boarding / On boarding of new Trust staff; Embedding Trust Values; Coaching; Quality Improvement and Apprenticeships. The post holder will also be expected to apply quality improvement methods and utilise analytical data to improve the service being provided from the Learning and Development function.
Support the development of identified Learning and Development Strategies including the development, maintenance and delivery of associated learning solutions including accredited and vocational programmes.
- Plan and deliver a full range of learning and development initiatives, ensuring that innovative, modern and flexible approaches are developed and implemented.
- Support the development and implementation of initiatives to progress the management and leadership strategy.
- Support the development and implementation of elements of the Organisational Development Strategy including the development of collective leadership and quality improvement.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to managers and staff across Belfast Trust on a range of Learning/Organisational Development Training interventions.
- Lead on projects that support the development of a positive culture and working environment for all staff, particularly in relation to the Trust's Employee Engagement Framework.
- Support the Investors in People (IIP) initiative, providing advice and support to Directorate Teams to support continuous improvement and successful reaccreditation.
- Support the delivery of internal consultancy arrangements and provide facilitation of events, working effectively to meet the identified needs of service users.
- Support the development and delivery of management development programmes which may be delivered in house or commissioned through external sources
- Support the Senior Manager to progress and deliver team development initiatives.
- Support the development and implementation of modernised pre boarding and onboarding processes for new staff.
- Support the further implementation of the Trust's succession planning model to take account of organisational workforce planning needs
Have a university degree or relevant professional qualification at graduate or diploma level and have worked for 2 years in a middle management HR/Learning and Development/Organisational Development role*
Have worked for 4 years in a middle management HR/Learning and Development/Organisational role*
People management skills with a demonstrable ability to lead and manage a team of facilitators
Skilled facilitator with demonstrable experience and measurable success in the design, delivery and evaluation of a range of high quality learning and development/organisational development programmes and interventions.
Proven experience in leading and implementing organisation-wide learning and development/organisational development projects/initiatives and successfully delivering anticipated outputs/outcomes.
Previous experience in the provision of advice and guidance on complex L&D/OD matters
*Middle management position or above (indicative salary range £26,301 to £34,224)
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18- £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 4th October 2019.**