Role: Band 7 Operations Service Manager
Rate of Pay: £16.82 per hour
Location: Belfast City Centre
Duration: Until 31st March 2020
- Ensure all database server services are available as defined in customer SLA's.
- Troubleshoot database service outages as needed, including after-hours and weekends.
- Recommend most appropriate high availability and resilience options to meet customer requirements.
- Undertake capacity reviews of managed databases on a regular basis.
- Document database environments and configurations to a quality standard.
- Mentor support team colleagues.
- Ensure that all operational delivery services and developments provided by ITS are planned and delivered in accordance with agreed support processes, SLA's and ITS quality standards (ITIL, ISO 9001 and ISO 20000).
- Ensure that all operational delivery services provided by suppliers are planned and delivered in accordance with agreed quality processes, SLA's and ITS quality standards as appropriate.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the planning of delegated budgets, deployment of financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the Development and maintenance of comprehensive and agreed project plans in accordance with ITS standard
- To be a Specialist in the technologies and methodologies relevant to your business area, including the provision of expert Technical advice and guidance to other ITS business areas and to the wider HSC.
- Act as deputy to the Operations Manager in relation to representing ITS on relevant system governance structures e.g. Service Review Meetings, Management Groups, etc.
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in a DBA management role within a major organisation;
- Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in a DBA management role within a major organisation.
- Demonstrate relevant specialist knowledge and experience including a minimum of five of the following areas:
- Oracle RDBMS ( ≥ 11g ).
- Oracle RAC and ASM.
- AIX Unix operating system ( ≥ v ).
- SQL Server ( ≥ 2012 ).
- Windows 2012R2 Failover Clustering.
- SQL Server Analysis/Integration/Reporting Services.
- Structured Query Language (Oracle and Microsoft variants).
- Database design and optimisation.
- Performing database upgrades.
- Performing database recovery.
- Database monitoring and performance tuning.
- Ideally have a currently valid ITIL qualification.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in successfully managing and delivering moderately complex ICT projects
- Demonstrate proven project management experience of Complex ICT projects and a track record in managing and delivering significant development activities
- Demonstrate a track record in working with a diverse range of stakeholders and senior management to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrate experience of Service Management processes for complex ICT technologies and services.
- Have excellent networking skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Have excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 13th May 2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.