Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 7 Support Accountant required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena.
Role: Band 7 Support Accountant
Rate of Pay: £16.82ph
- Support the Divisional Accountant in maintaining effective financial control within allocated Directorates.
- Assist with the production of the Trust Board monthly report.
- Assist with commissioner liaison in relation to the negotiation of the service and budget agreements relevant to the Directorates.
- Liaise with the Central Financial Management Team to ensure that all relevant service and budgetary agreements, adjustments and funding for other service developments are accurately reflected within the Directorates in order to maintain accurate financial reporting and effective financial control.
- Support Directorate management teams in formulating plans for change, articulating risks and appraising options.
- Assist with the provision of expert analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial and non-financial data.
- Provide high quality advice on all financial issues relating to reform, modernisation and efficiency plans, service strategies, service development proposals, cash release efficiency targets and revenue consequences of capital development proposals within Directorates.
- Assist with the monthly production of written assessment of the financial position for the Directorate. This will include a commentary on the relationship between different types of performance information (activity, workforce).
- Budget Setting and Control
- Assist with the annual budget setting process for the Directorate, making recommendations for change to the budget setting policy.
- Assist in the production of regular and meaningful income and expenditure information to budget managers.
- Assist in the development of improved ways of reporting financial information in conjunction with budget managers.
- Assist in the development of cash and non-cash release efficiency savings plans for the Directorate.
- Support the Divisional Accountant in the early identification of threats to the financial stability of the Trust by highlighting risks within the Directorate and agreeing rectification measures.
- Assist in the provision of budgetary control training for budget holders and other non-finance managers.
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Assist with the provision of management accounting information for inclusion in the Trust's final accounts.
- Liaise with internal and external audit on matters relating to the financial management function as appropriate.
- Support Services to Budget Managers
- Ensure that all budget managers within relevant Directorates are provided with accurate and meaningful financial information to enable them to manage their service within available resources including as necessary option appraisals and service development proposals.
- Through the variance analysis process assist the Divisional Accountant in producing meaningful forecasts of year-end outturn, developing strategies for achieving breakeven and managing associated risks.
- Liaise with budget managers to review financial performance and where necessary instigate further investigation to ensure remedial action is implemented and balanced budgets are achieved.
- Full membership of one of the five professional accounting institutes within the CCAB, or CIMA
- Minimum of 1 years' finance experience following successful completion of final professional accountancy exams (dated from notification by Institute of completion)
- Ability to influence and negotiate with staff at senior levels both internal and external to the Trust.
- Ability to analyse highly complex data and to communicate subsequent analysis.
- Ability to plan and work effectively within timescales and deadlines.
- Ability to review and challenge current processes in own area and throughout the organisation where there is a financial impact.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Have extensive working knowledge of ICT systems to include Microsoft Office, in particular having advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.