Band 8a Senior HR Manager required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 8a Senior HR Manager
Rate of Pay: £21.48 per hour
Location: Belfast, Musgrave Park Hospital
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: Approx. 1 year
- To lead their teams in developing a range of interventions ensuring continuous improvement in service provision
- To ensure the provision of professional advice and support to managers and senior medical staff in line with Trust policies and procedures and in line with a range of terms and conditions of service, including Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental
- To lead in the design, development and implementation of automated solutions to enable their service to be provided in a streamlined, effective and efficient way
- To lead in the development of/ or revision of Trust HR policies as dictated by changes in employment legislation or evolving NHS initiatives, involving key stakeholders and following the agreed consultation process.
- To provide clear strategic leadership in the development and maintenance of a positive employment experience for all staff
- To establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff side representatives on employment matters
- To determine the impact of legislation and DOH circulars, ensuring these are implemented through effective communication, including issuing guidelines and developing training where necessary
- To ensure the effective implementation of a range of Terms and Conditions of employment including Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental, and ensure improved patient and client services are realised and supported through the application of appropriate terms and conditions of service
- To provide advice and guidance to Trust Senior managers on complex high level employment matters where no clear guidance is available and which requires the postholder to consider a number of different and often conflicting options/alternatives
- To support the Business Partner Model within HR through effective liaison with designated Business Partners and service areas
- To ensure that effective management systems are in place to record and provide information, to support the production of returns on all the Human Resources aspects of progress on Priorities for Action and other targets for the Health and Social Care Board and the DHSS&PS as and when required
- To represent the Trust on a range of fora within the Trust and regionally, as and when required
- Have a university Degree in Human Resource Management or be CIPD qualified and have 2 years' experience in a Senior Human Resources Management role;
- Have at least 5 years working in a Senior Human Resources Management position
- Have minimum of 2 years' experience in staff management
- Demonstrate evidence of personal responsibility for achieving measurable improvements in service delivery through best practice HR interventions
- Demonstrate experience working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders in a role which has contributed to the successful implementation of a significant change initiative
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities in line with the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model
- Have an up to date knowledge of Employment Legislation, Industrial Relations and Medical Workforce Matters.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 15th July 2019.