Part -Time Biology Lecturer
The Client: Local body based in Craigavon, serving local residents.
- Teach a range of subjects at various levels within the relevant subject/programme area
- Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes
- Prepare assessment schedules and profiles
- Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams
- Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes
- Promote courses and services offered within the relevant subject/programme area
- Maintain a knowledge base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development
- Contribute as part of the team to career seminars, student industrial placements, and educational visits
- Complete administration duties associated with the post including e.g. internal verification/moderation of student progress, marking and completion of e-registers
- Attend meetings on matters relating to students, course co-ordination, management, assessment and development.
- Supply information, as requested, by Senior Management within the responsibilities and remit of the post.
- Demonstrable knowledge needed to perform the role and a positive approach to developing own knowledge base.
- An ability to confidently communicate relevant information clearly and precisely to groups.
- An ability to work cooperatively with stakeholders to achieve goals.
- The ability to plan and organise workload.
Hours of work: Monday 9am-315pm, Tuesday 915am-245pm, Wednesday 915am-415pm, Friday 915am-130pm.
- 1. A Degree in Biology (or closely related discipline) and 1 year in the last 5 relevant industrial and/or teaching experience in Biology or a closely related field.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
- A full current driving license which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
- Rates of pay £30.77 per hour
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.