Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Building Supervisor to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.01 per hour
13+ week's £10.01 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (18 hours) = 3 days per week
- A minimum of 1 years' experience working as assistant building supervisor, caretaker or similar role in a medium/large building.
- Previous responsibility for security of building, opening/closing and keyholder duties.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of building cleaning methods and the use of electrical cleaning machinery e.g. floor polishing equipment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and practices e.g. COSHH and/or CHIP regulations.
- Security of the Premises and its contents.
- Open and close the premises and grounds, except in circumstances where the employing designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person authorises another person to do so.
- Ensure that all windows are closed, doors and gates, both internal and external are locked at the end of each day.
- Safe custody of the keys of the premises, the allocation of keys to Cleaning staff (where appropriate) and ensuring that keys used by the Cleaning staff are returned at the end of each working day.
- Operate and monitor Security Camera System including changing and storing of used tapes where appropriate.
- Operate Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm and Building Security Systems and report any faults.
- Attend outside hours break in, vandalism and emergency incidents at the premises and ensure that the premises are secure and cleaned at the earliest opportunity when clearance has been given and any unauthorised entry or damage is reported to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person.
- During normal working hours report any suspicious activity of persons immediately to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person to ensure a safe working environment for building users.
- Any breach of security must be reported to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person. A breach would include the finding of used needles, or suspicious illegal substance abuse in accordance with Libraries NI Policy.
- Apply grit/rock salt in times of snow and frost to ensure pathways and entrances are free from snow and ice.
Mechanical and Electrical Services
- Efficient operation of the boiler/heating system ensuring value for money and energy conservation in accordance with the Libraries NI Policy.
- Lighting and heating of the premises and the routine maintenance of plant including school meals accommodation where there are common services.
- Ensure adequate fuel is requisitioned in good time.
- Monitor and document the usage of fuel, water and electricity.
- Replace lamps, tubes and plugs to a level of 3.35m using appropriate equipment, except where access from above can be gained.
- Inspect and report any defects on fire fighting equipment to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person
- Clean the premises.
- Plan, organise and control the work of Cleaning staff (if appropriate) to ensure that Libraries NI standards are met, it being understood that the Building Supervisor personally undertakes cleaning duties.
- Plan periodic work in consultation with service users and report plans to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person.
- Recommend and implement changes in work procedures in accordance with the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person to improve economy, standards or ease of operation.
- Monitor suitability and performance of materials and light equipment and advise the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person where these are inappropriate for the task.
- Ensure that all hard surfaces and paths and ornamental grounds around the property are clean, tidy and free of litter.
- Ensure that all external surface drains and gullies and kitchen grease-traps within the building complex are free flowing and clean by removing obstructions up to 3.35m.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland