Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst for our client based in Dublin City Centre. This role will be a fixed term contract up until the end of 2020.
Our client a public sector body based in Dublin City Centre are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their team.
Reporting to the Development Project Manager, the role will support and facilitate the effective implementation of several key programmes. The role will focus on gathering, collating and documenting both business requirements and functional specifications. There will be a focus on business process definition and process improvement while collaborating with our clients existing Teams and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with other Business Analysts to ensure the needs of users are met
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure the technical solutions meet both the functional requirements and business requirements
- Liaise with the development team to resolve any functional issues that are reported throughout the project
- Support business users through User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Analyse and document existing business processes with a view of streamlining and introducing efficiencies via structured change management and software enhancement.
- Draft, finalise and support the sign off of functional specifications.
- Maintain and support elements of the project management office
- Work closely with stakeholders to establishing their requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis etc.
- Document test conditions and expected results for all stated / planned functional requirements and user stories
- Develop and write functional and test documentation, including procedures and training materials to support the roll out of new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Set up test data to support the testing phase
- Execute and support the testing phase of projects / system development
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Degree) in ICT, or equivalent is essential.
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management and core business consulting skills, including the Software Development Life Cycle
- Proven experience of working within a Project Management Office
- Proven experience of delivering business systems analyst services
- Proven track record in process analysis, design and ICT implementation
- Proven ability to park own assumptions, challenge the assumptions of others, listen and draw information out of stakeholders to identify issues and requirements that are backed up with data from several vantage points
- Effective problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
- Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
- Excellent ability to develop IT solutions based on Business need and requirements
- Excellent salary on offer €48,812 starting salary
- Excellent benefits package on offer after probation including pension and option of flexi time
- Contract up to the end of 2020
- Located in Dublin City Centre
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.