Business Development Manager
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting on behalf of a leading support services company for a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager will be focused on driving the Company growth strategy in the Northern Ireland region. With the influencing; commercial skills and responsiveness necessary to pursue and secure profitable contracts, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for building strategic, long term and sustainable client and supplier relationship networks in order to achieve challenging growth targets and business profitability in various industry sectors.
* Generate potential customers and follow up quality sales leads, using journals, articles, newspapers, colleagues, hearsay and cold calling
* Maintain records of discussions with potential and current customers sufficient to analyse buying needs and interest in other services; maximising opportunities to "up-sell" and '"cross-sell" services
* Liaise with Operations management in order to maximise opportunities to grow business revenue from the existing client base
* Maintain and develop relationships with existing and potential customers via online meetings, telephone calls and emails
* Maintain a comprehensive database (CRM) of reliable information, matching customer needs to service, reviewing frequently
* Monitor prospective tender opportunities, with responsibility for the completion of top class tenders and supporting documentation; completing pre-tender site visits and identifying potential risks at an early stage
* Liaise with internal departments to ensure that tender documentation aligns with legislative requirements, business capabilities and the management systems in place; highlighting any cost or other liability risks
* To follow protocol, avoid conflict and maintain accurate records of dealings with customers and maintain professional relationships with customers
* Collate information; evaluating trends and patterns in the market place in addition to your sales pipeline to produce a comprehensive short, medium and long term sales forecast
* Monitor and benchmark business performance against key competition activity and competitive developments via current marketplace share; innovations, etc.; making recommendations to the Senior Management Team as necessary to ensure responsiveness
* Provide comprehensive analysis and reports on client activity to the Senior Management Team, identifying opportunities for further revenues or cost reduction and returning period sales returns at the close of the accounting period
* Support the company's health and safety culture
* Build and maintain working relationships with your colleagues and the company's clients and suppliers
* Carry out any other relevant duties as may be required in line with business needs
* Demonstrable experience in a similar role at this level for at least two years, ideally within a similar organisation structure (i.e. a large volume of clients and people within a multi-site environment) to include:
o Proven significant personal contribution to new business growth
o Proven minimum annual achievement of £300K+ in sales
o Previous experience of public/private tender processes and input to complex contract negotiations
o Knowledge of price sensitive markets
o Provision of comprehensive sales analysis reports to senior management level
o Experience within the FM soft services industry would be an advantage
* I.T. literate - excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Both a high degree of self-direction and ability to work as a team player
* Strong commercial awareness
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
* Resilience necessary to work in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent organisational skills for the management of multiple projects and multiple deadlines
* Excellent stakeholder/client management skills, with the ability to quickly demonstrate an understanding of the business; the clients' business and the market dynamics
* Displays an entrepreneurial approach to business constantly seeking opportunities for growth
* Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
* Real passion and enthusiasm to succeed
* Full driving licence
The successful Business Development Manager will enjoy a competitive salary circa £32,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience plus car and commission.
The Business Development Manager role will be covering Northern Ireland.
If you would like to discuss this Business Development Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.