Business Development Manager
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting a Business Development Manager on behalf of our client, a leading supplier of animal feed. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining long-term key strategic customers and identifying potential new customers, establishing and maintaining good relations at all levels. The Business Development Manager will be able to identify needs and requirements to promote the company's solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction.
* Plan how to establish and maintain major account relationships and meet personal sales targets within the full range of products or combination of products
* Able to uncover the crucial needs and requirements of the customer, link this to relevant solutions and products and finally close deals
* Develop and explain Scientific and Nutritional solutions to customers
* Utilize local and company nutritional strategies to solve problems for customers and on farm
* Proactively align (demands and expectations) the internal organization and all relevant stakeholders in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
* Using Key Account Management strategies, establish and build strong client relationships over time that allow for continuity and ongoing representation reinforced by sales support/delivery programs, and communicate to other relevant organisational functions/divisions
* Help to develop sales strategies for key accounts and help identify target accounts and opportunities within the framework of a value selling strategy
* Organise customized customer seminars and coordinate applicable targeted marketing activities
* Monitor competitive activity in each account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated
* Facilitate the customers to meet technical training demands using other team members if required
* And any other duties role may involve
* 5 years of Sales and Account Management experience in a business-to-business environment
* Previous experience working in the agriculture industry
* Degree or equivalent qualification in an Agriculture or Animal Nutrition related discipline
* Experience of developing and nurturing positive relationships and influencing people at a senior level
* Team player with strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, contractual and legal skills
* Adept at persuasive selling, sales processes and tools
* In-depth understanding of Agri- business environments and sales financials
* Ability to understand and explain scientific information and nutrition based solutions
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Demonstrate good time management skills
* Ability to influence and drive change within the organisation
* Strongly motivated with a positive attitude
Knowledge, qualifications, or experience of the following would be desirable:
* On farm diet formulation packages
* Feed formulation, feed legislation
* Selling calf milk replacers
The successful Business Development Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus car, bonus, healthcare and pension.
The Business Development Manager role will be covering Northern Ireland.
If you would like to discuss this Business Development Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.