Business Development Manager - Construction
At Grafton Recruitment we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a motivated, ambitious and experienced Business Development Manager to take up a new role with our client, a growing organisation specialising in the supply of energy saving ventilation products.
To be considered for this position, you will have a strong Construction and/or M&E sales background. This award winning company requires a sales professional to predominantly target the Dublin region however; targeted travel throughout Ireland will be a requirement.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Deliver against sales and margin targets set for the month/ year
- Develop the M&E contractor-customer network in your designated region
- Meet with key clients, maintain relationships
- Negotiate and close deals with a core focus on new business development
- Enthusiastically present the company's mechanical ventilation products and services in a professional structured manner to maximize sales within new accounts
- Undertake technical site visits with clients including conducting product demonstrations
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, specifiers and key strategic partners
- Preparing detailed quotations based on project specifications and customer need and where required
- To follow up all outstanding quotations and providing feedback on won or lost opportunities
- Provide daily updates using CRM on all meetings, presentations and opportunities of note
- To communicate with customers and departments in a clear and timely manner
- Supporting other departments, where required, ensuring first rate customer service delivery (credit control etc.)
- Undertake sales forecasting and monthly reporting activities to communicate progress
- Monitor and evaluate competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Develop sales strategies that can be employed against competitors to win business
- To study and have an acceptable understanding of building regulations, information papers and other legislation that are specific to the industry
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following requirements:
- 3rd level degree in Business/Marketing (or similar qualification of relevance) (Desired, not essential)
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in B2B technical product sales, preferably in the construction/ M&E sector.
- Self-motivated with an ability to further develop business opportunities and to launch new initiatives
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Valid Driver's Licence
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with the following:
- Competitive salary (experience dependent) - Circa €40k per annum
- Competitive bonus structure (Up to 20% of basic salary)
- Company car, smartphone and laptop will be made available as part of the role
- 30 days annual leave (pro-rata) including company stat days
- Pension match up to 3% of salary
- 5hrs per week
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Laura Craughwell on 01 4505288.