Business Support & Systems Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Maintain and develop an effective system of computerised accounts and financial performance reporting processes to Council and management. Provide assistance to the Business Support and Systems Manager on the annual estimates process, prepare statutory returns within the section and work with Managers in the Business Support Team to deliver an efficient service while maintaining the appropriate level of safeguards to protect Council finances.
Ensure effective compliance with all government agencies regarding statutory requirements.
Assist the Business Support and Systems Manager in planning and implementation of the delivery of a high quality service to meet the needs of the organisation, following all internal policies and relevant legislation and regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- Assist the Business Support and Systems Manager in preparing and agreeing the annual budget, assisting the managers within Finance Department in preparation of a timetable for estimates reports including process cut off.
- Develop and communicate the estimates timetable to relevant staff across council once agreed. Monitor and ensure adherence to the timetable.
Accounts System and Reports
- Maintain the core system of computerised accounts ledgers. Liaising with the appointed support contract company. Assist the Business Support and Systems Manager in the periodic review of Councils computerised system and maintenance support contract. Liaising with Procurement officers where necessary.
- Maintain security and correct authorisation of officers to obtain access to the financial accounts systems.
- Assist the Business Support and Systems Manager with development of the periodic reporting of management accounts information for submission to Elected Members, senior management team, operational management team.
- Monthly Budget Reports and Quarterly Management Accounts
- Produce Management Reports for all Services within the agreed timetable set by the Management Accountant. Communicate the timetable to relevant staff across council once agreed. Monitor and ensure adherence to the monthly budget accounts timetable.
- Assist the Business Support and Systems Manager with the preparation of quarterly management accounts for presentation to senior management and Council
Assist the Business Support and Systems Manager with preparation of any Year End reporting.
Income Collection and Creditors Payments
- Support the Business Support and Systems Manager in the efficient delivery of income recognition and creditor payments.