Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Business Support Assistant to join their team.
Role : Business Support Assistant
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £7.83 12 weeks + £9.78
Main Duties :
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Democratic and Central Services Section by providing full and comprehensive administrative support.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with operational, statutory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- Provide administrative and business and support to the Land and Property Office and to the other officers within this department as deemed appropriate for the post.
- Carry out general office duties including answering calls, monitor and action the dedicated email for Land and Property, word processing duties associated with scanning and other associated duties. Update and maintain relevant spreadsheets and schedules.
- Provide support to the Land and Property Officer by logging and acknowledging requests for access to use Council Land. Update the consultation schedule and files accordingly.
- Provide support to meetings and events organised by the Directorate in relation to Land and Property issued including booking venues, set up of rooms, preparing meeting papers, arranging refreshments and taking minutes.
- Undertaking projects relevant to the post such as gathering/ researching information, distribution of information via mail shots etc.
- Create, maintain and update filing systems within the Land and Property section.
- Raise and check purchase orders and process invoices for Land and Property, liaising with the Finance Department as required.
- Respond as appropriate to public enquiries and concerns providing appropriate advice and information.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care in dealing with enquiries from internal and external customers, Councillors, members of the public and other organisations.
- Undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned including working in other sections of the Department and Council.
Essential Criteria :
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) or equivalent, including English and a numerical subject and be able to demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples, one year's experience working in a busy office environment.
- A minimum of one year's experience in the following areas:
- Dealing with the public and responding to enquiries.
- Dealing with confidential/sensitive information.
- Maintaining filing systems.
- Maintaining spreadsheets and databases.
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples that they have at least two years' experience working in a busy office environment and two years' experience in the areas outlined at a-d above.
- One year's experience of using Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.