Temporary Business Support Officer (Finance, Systems and Performance) required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.36 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:30)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To be responsible to the Business Co-ordinator for the review, design, implementation and integration of all systems (manual and computerised) in the department and to assist with providing appropriate training
- To assist in the use, maintenance, control and development of various information and financial systems used within the department and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of input data and reporting information
- To supervise and be responsible for programming the workload and priorities of any assigned support staff in liaison with the Business Co- ordinator to ensure the business needs of the service are met in an efficient and cost effective manner
- To assist in developing and implementing proper systems of financial and budgetary control within the service in accordance with policies and procedures
- To assist with preparation of the revenue and capital estimates, and with the monthly budget monitoring, variance explanations and end of year forecasts, ensuring that appropriate corrective action is taken as required
- To assist with review and updating of the departmental risk register and risk action plans
- To ensure the centralised control of income, including cash, and to be responsible for the department's sales ledger procedures
- To help with production of service performance and compliance information statistics and financial reports for committee, corporate and management team reports
- Review developing and implementing effective processes, operating standards and systems; streamlining processes and systems in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management on all financial, information systems, performance and administration matters
- To assist in identification of training and development needs for assigned support staff and to implement agreed training programmes, development activities and personal development plans
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject (Finance, Business Studies, Accountancy etc.) or equivalent qualification
- Be able to demonstrate one year's relevant experience in assisting with preparation of revenue estimates, monitoring budgets and management of accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Be able to demonstrate relevant experience in using systems to produce management information and experience in designing and implementation of computerised systems
- Experience managing business support staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.