Temporary Business Support Officer (HR/Administration) required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.36 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 4 months pending review
- Supervise and be responsible for programming the workload and priorities of assigned support staff to ensure the business needs of the department are met in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of service performance and compliance information relating to human resources matters required for reports and official returns
- Ensure that human resource and employee relations issues for the department are effectively managed and applied in accordance with policies and procedures and to ensure that the relevant timescales and legislative requirements are met e.g. disciplinary, grievance, capability, attendance etc.
- Undertake investigations in relation to specific personnel matters
- Assist with the development and management of all procedures, record keeping and reporting activities with regard to human resources matters
- Assist in the review of individual sickness absence cases and to maintain all medical and Occupational Health correspondence and produce Occupational Health referrals for the service in consultation with the HR Officer
- To liaise with Occupational Health on progress of individual cases as required
- Prepare absence management reports for presentation
- Assist in providing advice and guidance on human resource matters including but not exclusively; employee relations; attendance management; discipline and grievance; training and development; payroll; recruitment, freedom of information requests and data subject access requests
- Assist with the co-ordination of responses within relevant time frames, to requests under e.g. freedom of information and data protection legislation.
- Assist in the identification of training and development needs within the human resources unit, to
- Set individual goals/targets and implement agreed training programmes including development activities and personal development plans
- Provide and coordinate induction training for all new starts
- Actively review relevant working practices and procedures and make periodic recommendations to the HR Officer or Business Coordinator (HR/Administration) where improvement are possible
- Represent the HR Officer and Business Coordinator (HR/Administration) within the post holder's sphere of responsibility
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities and health and safety procedures
- Participate as directed in the interview procedure
- One year's relevant experience in providing advice and guidance on HR policies and processes to operational management
- Experience in assisting in the management of disciplinary, grievance and absence matters
- Experience in direct supervision of staff
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.