Business Unit Manager
Salary: £25,819.06 per annum plus 22.5% shift allowance = £31,628.34 pa
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Business Unit Manager for a superb manufacturing company.
The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, self-confident and flexible individual, who uses their initiative to seek/ generate ideas and opportunities and is prepared to take decisions and undertake direction. They will be adaptable and flexible and will be able to represent the company in this customer facing role. The candidate will have the ability to develop the team members to achieve, or exceed, the business plan performance expectations, in terms of Safety, Machine, Quality, Delivery and Cost within an ISO 18001, 14001, 9001 and TS14969 environment.
- Ensure health & safety, quality and environmental matters / KPI's are reached within the shift.
- Represent the Business Unit at Quality, Environmental, H&S, Business improvement and Customer meetings
- Schedule production in conjunction with planning team, analyse data and report daily operational performance
- Manage and Coach the Team Leads to meet Unit's KPIs in Real Time and create/implement / monitor continuous improvement projects / department SOP/MPS and meet Quality, TPM and OEE targets.
- Establish, manage and develop a Unit team that maximises potential across all shifts
- Build and maintain weekly report based on key metrics of H&S, Quality, People and Performance
- Manages resources based on customer need in real time and take action where required
- Manages Holiday bookings for peers and updates associated human resource management systems
- Undertake Company investigations, Returns to Work and disciplinary/grievance meetings
- Create and assist in the design and implementation of a structured Business Improvement Plan to optimise factory performance, meet business / departmental strategy, objectives and needs
- Contributes to the effectiveness of cross functional and transverse relationships through activity with peers, hierarchical Management and other internal / external stakeholders
- Undertakes Internal / External Audits, Maintains Inventory / Stock, Plans improvements
- Experience of Project Management gained in a Lean manufacturing environment where problem solving / delivery of change initiatives and where your integral communication with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external was apparent to encourage change.
- Excellent motivational, operational and communication skills - written/ Verbal / Computer (Microsoft Office, TMS and ERP applications)
Remuneration & Benefits Package
- Salary: £25,819.06 per annum plus 22.5% shift allowance = £31,628.34 pa
- Bonus (related to both Company and Personal Performance Criteria) = 12% of Salary
- Holiday 26 Days plus 8 Stats
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.