Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast are delighted to have partnered with a global professional firm that operates in the financial, energy and commodities markets. My client have invested heavily in Belfast operations and are now seeking to appoint a Senior Buyer to join the operational Procurement team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Team Lead and supporting a Senior Buyer, the Buyer will be focused on delivering a functional end to end operational procurement process to include supplier on boarding, purchase order management and processing and receipting and resolution of invoice queries. The Buyer will also ensure business as usual (BAU) renewals are managed effectively each month, instigating reactivation or cancellation of agreements and contracts as agreed with the business owner. Buyer role responsibilities:
- Procurement - Supplier on boarding, purchase requests, renewals and receipting
- Ensure an appropriate requisition and subsequent PO are raised for all suppliers based on the PO matrix
- Ensure the BAU renewals are managed effectively, engaging with key business stakeholders to ensure value for money and service
- Be able to communicate to both internal stakeholders - accounts payable and purchase requests
- Ensure all open purchase orders are reviewed, receipted and closed out on a regular basis, including month end close
- Be custodians of the procurement policy and best practice including no po, no pay principles
- Identify opportunities to improve systems towards target state and prioritisation to positively influence successful outcomes.
Communication and Leadership
- Participate in renewals and seek opportunities to drive best practice in the business by ensuring appropriate purchase order is raised
- Deliver effective updates to key business stakeholders throughout the procurement process
Change, Risk and Issue Management
- Identify and escalate risks as appropriate
- Identify tools and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of the procurement process
The successful Buyer will join a renowned, engaging business who provide innovative products and services that enhance investment and contribute to economic growth. My client are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence. You will join a business culture where employees and stakeholders respect clients and each other, without bias. As Buyer you will be expected to uphold these values and principles at all times.
Highly competitive remuneration and benefits package available to include market leading base salary, bonus structure, pension, private health care, life assurance and more. Hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
In order to be successful, you should be educated to degree level or have significant experience in a supply chain or procurement environment. You should have demonstrable experience in supplier negotiation, raising purchase orders and approving invoices. In addition, your CV should demonstrate:
- Oracle or equivalent ERP system experience
- Experience of a contracts management tool
- Experience of processing medium to high volume purchase orders
- Technical knowledge in an area relevant to procurement
- Bench marking of suppliers
- Supplier on boarding
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
Preference will be given to candidates who, as well as above, can demonstrate:
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Financial sector experience
- Experience of procurement in a facilities, complex IT hardware /software or services environment
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience of an ERP/EBS system introduction or continuous improvement of an established system
Interested candidates who are meeting the criteria should forward an updated CV without delay via this advertisement. Your CV should clearly demonstrate your most relevant experience as per the criteria above otherwise you risk it may not be shortlisted. If you would like to discuss these Senior Buyer jobs in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton.
If this Buyer is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
Only candidate's whose CV is meeting the minimum criteria on this advert will be accepted.