Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast, have been retained by a leading electronics manufacturer to recruit for a Buyer. Located in Lisburn, this is a contract position for 6 months plus, covering maternity leave. Working along side the materials department, the successful Buyer will be responsible for planning, organising, scheduling and purchasing a portfolio of parts from a group of vendors in accordance with established procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing and managing the procurement of both direct and indirect material in line with company policy via the companies ERP system
- Procuring and scheduling an inbound supply chain to align with ASCP requirements while supporting plant inventory targets
- Ensuring that purchase orders are processed completely and accurately and submitted on-time to suppliers;
- Maintaining correct costs from PO submission to invoicing
- Ensuring replenishment, call off and supplier managed inventory process are maintained and managed, maintaining OTD and inventory levels
- Managing component change and the introduction of new parts through the planning process
- Administering, in conjunction with SQE management, non-conforming supplier stock and replacements
- Monitoring and report key performance metrics, including supplier on-time delivery, order execution, supplier payments
- Communicating and working through any issues that could impact the manufacturing process and elevating concerns as necessary.
- Liaison with Sourcing to deliver deflation and cost reduction
- Assisting the Materials team in maintaining accurate physical vs. perpetual inventory records, safety stocks, supplier forecasts, etc
- Conducting functional training for Planner/Buyers as well as rolling out communication and provide subsequent training that is a result of system changes and/or enhancements
- Managing other tasks and projects related to the management of materials or suppliers
In order to be successful, you should have one to two years Buying / Supply Chain Planning experience in a similar role. Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts strong analytical, planning and organisational skills essential. Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) and proficiency in Microsoft Office essential. You should be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently under pressure, reacting quickly to changing priorities.
Interested Buyers who feel they are meeting the criteria should forward a CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this Buyer/Planner job in more detail please contact Patrick Moore or Kelly Jennings at Grafton, Belfast. If this Buyer job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in buying, procurement or supply chain roles we would be delighted to hear from you.
You must have a current, valid UK work permit to be considered for this job and only candidate's whose CV is meeting the criteria will be accepted