- Expedite purchase recommendations from the company MRP process ensuring all customer demands are satisfied on a daily basis
- Involvement in price negotiations and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain will be a key part of the individual's responsibilities
- The person will be required to help develop and implement, through supply contracts, optimal supply chain solutions in line with the company's defined strategies and goals
- To liaise closely with the Quality Department to ensure supplier rejections are promptly dealt with.
- Ensuring all purchasing procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring that all changes to purchasing information / data have been authorised and entered into the system of control
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet, and to supply demand to relevant quality
- Maintaining Weekly Key performance indicators
- Administration and reporting as necessary
- This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- A self - starter with strong communication skills and a diplomatic working style.
- 3 years' experience of buying in an engineering or aerospace based company would be an advantage
- General commercial awareness and understanding of costs within a business
- Working knowledge of MRP11 is an advantage
- CIPS qualifications would be an advantage
Computer literacy is essential as is an excellent understanding of MS Word and Excel
- Willing to work overtime as necessary by needs of production