Hours of work: Mon-Fri 8-4.30, Fri 8-1.30
Grafton specialist team are delighted to have been retained by a superb company based in Belfast.
The successful candidate will be responsible for obtaining commitments and coordinating the procurement of all assigned material to support the factory; ensuring optimum quality, prices and delivery for defined parts required while minimizing inventory and maximizing supplier performance.
- Expediting purchase orders and managing the integrity of supplier PO promise dates - h
- Proactively review open orders to identify supply problems (excess inventory and backorders) and negotiate with supplier directly to remedy the issues before they impact the Company
- Ensure purchase process flow and management procedure are setup
- Purchase the material and follow up with the shipment to ensure the delivery on schedule Drive the cost reduction, support PPV, VAVE, Indirect and Logistics projects
- Lead cross-functional savings projects, and drive/monitor savings projects to on time completion
- Work with QA Quality Assurance and materials team closely to focus on supplier quality improvement
- Provide and communicate the right/accurate related material data to production for review
- Plan the material purchasing, manufacturing and shipment to ensure customer supply without any shortage
- Lead the selection of preferred suppliers in targeted spend categories and manage their performance to ensure they consistently meet operating companies' requirements
- Drive usage of Fortive's preferred suppliers with new acquisitions and in targeted spend categories
- 3 years minimum procurement/supply chain experience
- 3 Years minimum experience as Buyer
- A 3rd level business studies or related qualification
- Knowledge of Oracle business system would be advantageous.