Salary: Negotiable DOE
Grafton Specialist team are delighted to be working alongside a superb manufacturing company, who due to rapid expansion are seeking to add to their procurement department.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement / buying of direct / indirect materials in line with inventory targets.
- Raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders for suppliers.
- Progressing / expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels.
- Validating and implementing MRP outputs.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Maintenance of supplier schedules in line with demand requirements.
- Ensuring cost effectiveness of all purchases.
- Interprets data and provides recommendations and/or defines trends that result in improved inventory holding efficiency.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely maintenance of all systems and records.
- Developing and testing systems within the purchasing department.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal department managers.
- Developing / maintaining current ISO standards.
- Provide cover and assistance to colleagues when required.
- Additional duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Educated to A Level standard with GCSEs Grade C passes, to include English & Math's or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant experience of buying / procurement within an MRP environment;
- Experience of purchasing and procurement within a manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Working knowledge of efficient materials flow and best practice;
- Experience of supplier selection;
- Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms;
- Experience of report writing;
- 2 years experience of using an ERP system and specific Purchasing modules on an ERP system;
- Expert knowledge of Excel functions including V Lookup, Pivot tables, formulas etc;
- High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or similar;
- Level 4 CIPS Qualification;
- Previous experience of Navision or similar ERP system;
- Willing to travel.