Hours of work: 9 - 5.30pm Mon - Fri
Grafton specialist are delighted to be working with one of the top companies in Northern Ireland who are seeking to add a buyer to add to the purchasing team.
Based in the procurement department the buyer will assist in sourcing and procurement of materials, negotiation , stock control, cost reduction and supporting internal departments and external suppliers.
- Ensuring that all Materials are sourced, approved, ordered and delivered in a timely, compliant and cost effective manner to meet company requirements
- Working with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable department to manage Supplier Accounts, ensuring continuity of supply of required materials and addressing any price discrepancies
- Meet suppliers on an ongoing basis to discuss any issues involved in the supply, quality, and pricing of materials/services
- End to end management of Change Controls initiated by Purchasing linked to new sources
- Support strategic initiatives and requirements for new product development and product launches
- Level 3 (A Level qualification equivalent) and 3 years' experience in sourcing and buying in a dynamic business environment, with strong organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Highly numerate with strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Evidence of excellent Organisational & Problem Solving Skills, demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within strict deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident of liaising at all levels to both internal and external stakeholders.
- CIPS or equivalent certification
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Healthcare plan, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.