Buyer (Fresh Food)
Grafton Procurement and Supply are working in partnership with a leading food producer in County Armagh to recruit for a Fresh Food Buyer. The successful candidate will join a multi-award winning, innovative business who supply to some of the UK and Ireland's largest retailers. My client have recently secured investment for research and development and you will be joining the company at a time of growth and diversification.
The Fresh Food Buyer will report to the Purchasing Manager and will have full accountability for buying a range of products that delivers commercial value to the company. You will work cross functionally with other departments to ensure the availability of product for the manufacturing process, allowing the company to meet its customer orders. Other duties will include:
- Procurement planning and forecasting
- Stock replenishment, rotation and residency
- Transport planning and management (goods inward)
- Supplier management including price negotiations
- Supplier/Market data analysis
- Accurate and timely completion of purchase orders
- Monthly supplier visits and preparing visit reports for QA & commercial
- Helping to ensure that both the department and company targets and strategies are achieved through continuous improvement.
The successful Buyer will receive a competitive base salary and other benefits include pension and free, on site parking. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08.00 - 17.00 and you will be required to work every third Saturday.
In order to be successful, you should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have substantial experience in a Buyer role in the food industry. You will have excellent IT skills, to include MS Office, and have strong competence in Excel. Additional essential criterion listed below:
- Strong numeracy, literacy data manipulation skills together with an excellent attention to detail
- Excellent project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong team-working, communication and influencing skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Motivated to complete tasks to a high standard
Interested candidates are meeting the criteria should forward an updated CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this IT Buyer job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton. Your CV should clearly demonstrate your most relevant experience as per the criteria above.
If this Fresh Food Buyer role is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
Only candidates whose CV is meeting the minimum criteria on this advert will be accepted.