Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Buyer for our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Buyer with 2years+ Public Procurement to join there team.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for complex projects up to and above OJEU level;
- Manage all stages of tender processes, for contracts for services, goods and works, up to and above OJEU level from creation of requests to negotiating contracts and debriefing unsuccessful tenderers;
- Actively engage with the other members of the Procurement team in relation to complicated tenders / procurement issues;
- Develop and maintain strong internal business relationships and provide Business Partner support to staff and management across the Group, advising on how best to navigate procurement issues and tenders;
- Approve purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders to suppliers;
- Ensure compliance with national public procurement guidelines, EU Directives and Group Financial Control Framework in relation to assigned tenders;
- Generate procurement reports in relation to procurement activity for senior management.
- Typically 2+ years' experience of managing tender processes under national public procurement guidelines and European Public Procurement or Utility Directives in a public service or utility environment;
- Experience in the use of eTenders, the national public procurement portal;
- Excellent decision making skills required at each stage of the tender process;
- Well developed interpersonal skills in dealing with: staff and management at all levels across the organisation; and external suppliers, to deliver feedback to unsuccessful tenderers, to include chairing face-to-face debriefing meetings; and organising and chairing meetings for tender evaluations;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of communications both written and verbal;
- Ability to negotiate and influence together with strong commercial awareness;
- Good customer service orientation;
- Ability to interact constructively in a team to provide advice and strategic input into tender competitions in order to deliver value and cost effectiveness;
- Ability to manage a programme of concurrent tender processes and cross functional evaluation teams to meet strict deadlines and the needs of the business;
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships across the business;
- Excellent analytical, organisational and IT skills;
- Flexibility in working approach to assignments;
- Experience in the use of ERP based Purchasing Systems.
- Excellent salary and benefits on offer €38,000 - €45,000 DOE
- Located in Dublin 4 close to all public transport
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 4505288.