Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast, have partnered with a forward thinking and innovative manufacturer to recruit for 2 x Buyers. These are permanent positions in a forward thinking, fast paced procurement department.
Reporting to a Senior Buyer, the successful Buyers will be responsible for the end to end procurement process to include sourcing and procuring materials and services, managing suppliers, negotiating prices, stock control, initiating cost reductions, supporting NPD and other strategic initiatives. This position will involve regular contact with internal departments and external suppliers, as well as working with various IT software and systems.
Key duties to include:
- Ensuring that all Materials/Services are sourced, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to meet weekly production, departmental and company requirements;
- Monitoring vendor approval and performance on an ongoing basis, striving for Supplier OTIF with consistent quality and compliance meeting both GMP and GDP requirements, engaging relevant internal stakeholders (including Quality) as and when required;
- Working with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios, and thus supporting Norbrook's Customer OTIF;
- Liaison with the Accounts Payable department to manage Supplier Accounts, ensuring continuity of supply of required materials and addressing any price discrepancies;
- Meeting suppliers on an ongoing basis to discuss any issues involved in the supply, quality, and pricing of materials/services;
- Supporting strategic initiatives and requirements for new product development and product launches
In order to be successful, you should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have more than 2 year's experience in a similar busy and challenging office environment. Strong organisational and prioritisation skills essential. You should be highly numerate with strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office. Evidence of excellent organisational & problem solving skills, demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within strict deadlines essential, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful Buyer(s) should be confident in liaising at all levels to both internal and external stakeholders. Although not essential, CIPS or equivalent certification and at least 1 year's procurement experience in a busy, results orientated manufacturing environment would be advantageous and preference will be given to candidates with evidence of same.
Interested candidates who feel are meeting the criteria should forward a CV without delay via this advertisement. Your CV should demonstrate how you are meeting criteria as no assumptions can be made for shortlisting.
If you would like to discuss this Buyer job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement and Supply Chain Consultant at Grafton, Belfast.
If this Buyer is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other buying, purchasing, procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
You must have a current, valid UK work permit to be considered for this job and only candidate's whose CV is meeting the criteria will be accepted.