leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
Transmission Engineering and Maintenance (TEM) is the area which facilitates that role through the development of technical standards and functional specifications for all plant to be connected to the transmission system and the development of new and innovative technologies and methodologies..
The area is also responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the transmission system by the development of maintenance/refurbishment policies and standards and the identification and prioritisation of maintenance and refurbishment activities.
The successful candidate in the role of CAD technician will be responsible for the production of all CAD drawings in the Grid Development & Interconnection function including single line diagrams and general arrangement drawings, with opportunity to progress to assisting with the delivery of the annual transmission maintenance plan and provision of support to develop asset management policies and standards.
- Provision of CAD expertise and production of drawings for Client Engineers and Project Managers. Drawings will typically consist of the production of Single Line Electrical Diagrams (SLDs) for transmission stations; development of standard drawings for SLDs, transmission station site & building Layouts, and detail drawings for transmission infrastructure functional specifications; and production of wayleave drawings along transmission line routes.
- Development and upkeep of a library of standard drawing components for both SLDs and 3D station layouts, designed to streamline the production process and improve the speed, accuracy and consistency of developed drawings.
- Development and upkeep of a drawing register for tracking the status, and history of all CAD drawings on the system.
- Management of CAD work requests from internal stakeholders.
- Identification and development of new opportunities for the use of CAD in the organisation engaging with key stakeholders.
- Assisting with the delivery of the Annual Transmission System Maintenance Plan.
- Support with development and management of transmission system maintenance plans, policies and standards.
- Reporting as required on all projects within area of responsibility.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in the engineering sector.
- Competent in using AutoCAD 2015 or later to produce design drawings, single line diagrams, station layouts and maps.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide, persuade and influence others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner.
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability.
- Good project management skills.
- Self starter with the ability to develop and lead projects.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient in MS Office Packages including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proven ability to track and monitor key tasks and to take responsibility for own deliverables.
- Full drivers licence.
- Experience/expertise in the use of Autodesk 3D CAD & BIM products, such as Revit and AutoCAD Plant3D.
- Experience in collecting and utilising LiDAR survey data in a CAD environment.
- Knowledge of building regulations and standards (CIBSE Technical Guides, DHPLG Building Regulations).
- Knowledge of transmission system planning/operations.
Salary negotiable depending on experience
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.