Role: Capability Director
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Specialist End to End Automation Engineer role for a company based in Letterkenny Co Donegal who provides a vast range of business and technology services. This post requires an experienced Specialist Capability Director.
The company provides Financial Product's and Services to retail and institutional customers in over 30 countries.
To provide technology & business leadership to Prudential International Insurance. The objective of this leadership role is to manage the service offered by Pramerica and how they can be best consumed by the individual countries in the PII network
- Develop a detailed multi-year strategy to extend the Pramerica capabilities to the international businesses in a format that adequately considers, geography, language, culture and business environment.
- Understand the differing technology environments in each country and work to create tactics that identify which ones are common across all countries and those items that are unique to a location and/or business.
- Create a virtual team within Pramerica to include both the business organization (Systems, Technology & PBS) and control functions (HR, Risk, Finance, IT) with a view to providing both point in time solutions for specific issues and longer-term strategic goals.
- Develop a financial framework that clearly identifies the total cost of each service and associated support and articulates the cost to the country and the enterprise cost for unifying the service across the regions and businesses.
- Work with senior IT staff in customer business unit and Corporate IT to ensure ongoing management of complex IT systems and support services.
- Ensure seamless connectivity between Prudential corporate IT functions, Pramerica and the local business in the provision of IT Services.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Platform support knowledge and experience is a critical requirement for this role along with a working knowledge or life & group admin systems
- Knowledge of a broad range of IT competencies - SDLC, IT Support, ITSM, Security, DevOps and cloud to ensure that business requirements are managed to the appropriate technical solution and service delivery.
- Strong project management capability, interfacing with IT leaders in the countries and in Newark to help deliver multiple projects on an annual basis.
- Basic knowledge of virtualization software, web technology, and IaaS cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Degree in computer science. Five year's min. experience in a senior role with a good mix of technology skills. Ability to work on own initiative within part of multi-skilled IT Group.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions coupled with a history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and next-generation products
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Intellectual curiosity with a great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal motivation and a desire to achieve for yourself, your team and your company.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.