Capital Accounting Technician
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Capital Accounting Technician required on a temporary basis based in Lisburn.
Role: Capital Accounting Technician
Rate of Pay: £13.73
Hours: 36.25 Monday - Friday
Duration: 6 months
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to ensure delivery of work within strict deadlines
- Preparation of briefing material and reports for the Capital Accountant and/or other senior staff
- Maintain staff relationships and moral within the Capital Accounting team and amongst staff with the wider Finance Directorate
- Assist in identifying personal development and training requirements
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making whilst retaining overall responsibility and accountability for results
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of staff in accordance with procedures laid down by the Board
- Responsible for Health and Safety aspects as set out in the company policy
- The promotion and support of the principles and practices of all aspects of fairness at work in accordance with the company policy
- To effectively manage the attendance of staff within the established procedures and to meet any attendance targets
- Observe any guidance issued under the Data Protection Act 1998
- An Accounting Technician qualification and one year's practical accounting experience or a relevant third level qualification in Business/Finance and 2 years practical accounting experience
- Experience of a computerised accounting systems and/or fixed assets
- Practical experience of management accounting or developing costing models
- Experience in the development and maintenance of complex spreadsheets
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 13/11/2018.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.