Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Capital Projects Officer to join their team.
Role : Capital Projects Officer
Location : Riada House Ballymoney
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.86 13 weeks + £16.60
Main Duties :
- Effectively manage each stage of a capital project from feasibility and procurement process through to the completion of the project, ensuring all capital projects are completed within the budget allocated, timeframe set and specification of project.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A HND or Degree, or equivalent, in Construction and the Built Environment or Civil Engineering;
- Two years' experience in the building industry/construction field.
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but who can demonstrate that they have a minimum of three years' experience in the building industry/construction field.
All applicants must have two years' experience in all of the following areas:
- Project Management of works exceeding £500k by directly managing both in-house and external multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Procurement of services and contracts relating to capital projects and works delivery inclusive of:
PQQ (Pre-Qualification Questionnaires) and Tender Documentation;
Tender evaluations and assessments;
Use of NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract and other forms of contract.
Development and implementation of project programmes to manage design and construction phases to achieve specified cost, time and quality parameters.
- Two years' experience of using Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.