This is a temporary role working within the public sector in Limavady - a fantastic opportunity!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- | Open and close the facility as required including checking that the premises; associated out buildings and perimeters are properly secured, setting the burglar alarm system as required.
- Acting as the designated key holder and be responsible for on-site visitors or contractors and attend to rapid response and emergency call-outs as required.
- | Responsible for the effective operation of various systems within the building such as fire alarms, intruder alarm, CCTV, heating, lighting, plumbing and audio visual systems
- Provide information and direct or assist members of the public, contractors and external agencies with regards to the facility as appropriate.
- | Undertake basic general maintenance and minor repair work within and external to the facility.
- Undertake internal cleaning to the entire premises including toilets, halls, offices, meeting rooms, social areas, kitchens, storage rooms, changing facilities, including the safe operation of cleansing machines and chemicals where appropriate.
- Assisting with fire and security drills and with the evacuation of the building should it become necessary.
- To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the Facility particularly in adverse weather conditions (e.g. clearing snow, gritting etc.)
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems weekly replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
- To arrange to clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required.
- Carry out general grounds maintenance, clean and litter-pick the external area including backyard, forecourts, footpaths, car parks (gritting during winter months) including the safe operation of any maintenance/cleaning machines.
- Basic general maintenance in a similar environment
- Cleaning in a work environment
- Dealing with the general public
- Record keeping
- Current First Aid at Work certificate