Our Client, a Large Public Organisation require Casual Fitness Instructors based in Coleraine
Role : Casual Fitness Instructor
Location: Coleraine Leisure Centre
Hours of work : Casual
Rate of pay: 1-12 weeks £7.83 p/hr 13 weeks + £9.16p/hr
Main Responsibilities :
- Responsible for ensuring effective and positive working within and across the facilities, and within the Service in order to meet customer needs.
- Delivery of standard operating procedures including all Council and Centre policies / procedures and knowledge of the emergency action plans.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre and the cleanliness of the outdoor boundaries by using manual, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for safe and correct use of chemicals, ensuring documentation is completed as specified by COSHH.
- Report defects in or damage to the building, equipment, fixtures and fittings to the Fitness / Centre Supervisors.
- Responsible for administrating First Aid as and when appropriate to assist with major incident; ensuring incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly while accurately recording details in respect of potential insurance claims. Relating all details of incidents to the Fitness Supervisor and when necessary.
- Deliver high quality cost effective services.
- Continuously improve the Council's overall performance within the facilities.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care within the facility, dealing with potential and existing users including day to day enquiries, complaints and increase of memberships.
- Enforce regulations, which directly impact on the Health & Safety and well-being of all patrons using the Centre's facilities.
- As part of CPD must be willing to undertake professional training as deemed necessary for this post and to gain CPD points including First Aid, Health & Safety, staff training etc
- Promote value for money, service excellence and equality in the delivery of services and employment.
- The post holder should be efficient in planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Maintain effective communications both internally and externally in order to deliver the Service, Directorate and Council objectives.
- Contribute to the development of strong working relationships with the public.
- Promote the Borough's reputation and promote a positive image of the Council.
- Demonstrate an open commitment to actively promoting and celebrating diversity within the facilities and its activities.
- Promote social inclusion and community cohesion.
- The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character/purpose of the job or level of responsibility.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service and to undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
- In the unlikely event of a serious incident, appear in court to represent the Council.
- Mentoring of new staff on standard operating procedures and the role of the fitness instructor.
- The post holder's workplace location may be changed to alternative accommodation within the Borough to meet the changing needs of the service.
- The post holder may be required to travel between locations in order to effectively fulfil the requirements of the post.
Essential Criteria :
- One years experience working within a leisure/fitness environment.
- Must possess a valid Level Two Fitness Instructor Qualification (with Gym).
- Experience of Health & Safety at work.
- One years experience of cleaning in a work environment.
Desirable Criteria :
- Possess a valid First Aid Qualification
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.