Working on behalf of our sister complany Diamond Recruitment, Grafton are recruiting for a Temporary Band 2 Catering Assistants, approx 30 hours per week, will include weekend and evening work.
Catering Assistants required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Catering Assistants
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Hours: 30 hours
- To cater for any dietary requirements and special functions as the need may arise.
- To ensure that the food is cooked and stored and stored in hygienic conditions
- To utilise staff, materials and equipment in an efficient and effective manner
- Responsible for maintaining records of food temperatures, and also cleanliness of cold rooms and deep freeze units
- To report any defects in equipment, linen and food commodities and ensure that defects are rectified
- To attend staff training and assist senior catering staff with development and training of junior staff as required
- To carry out Health and Safety practice, as laid down by department
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and hygienic catering practices are maintained at all times as laid down within the Trusts Hygiene and Post Control Policy.
- To contribute ideas on staff menus, functions and the catering service in general
- Assist with catering staff inductions and training
- To order and check food supplies and to ensure that the procedures are adhered to at all times in relation to quantity and quality control
- To take control of the Catering Department as appropriate
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department
- Knowledge of general hygiene and safe working practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within timescales
- Evidence of ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Ability to work shifts: Morning, Evenings and Weekends (as applicable)
- All staff will be required to work various locations within the Catering Department
- Willingness to complete - Level 2 CIEH Food Safety Certificate
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Diamond Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.