Temporary Crematorium Administrator required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week (09:00 - 17:30)
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To co-ordinate booking arrangements for cremations and arrangements for associated disposal of cremated remains such as burial or scattering in garden of remembrance, woodland copse or any other memorialisation schemes that may be adopted by the department
- To process and forward all relevant documentation in a timely manner
- To assist and provide information to the public regarding the identification of graves, memorial trees, the garden of remembrance and other facilities as required
- To issue cremated remains to customers and ensure accurate and up-to-date information is maintained in relation to the disposal of cremated remains
- To ensure that statutory regulations are complied with and process statutory documentation for cremations or burial of cremated remains
- To deal with funeral directors in relation to all aspects of crematorium administration
- To assist in the efficient running of the crematorium, as required including key-holding duties as appropriate and manage crematorium administration supplies
- To assist the Crematorium Officer with enquiries and complaints from the public and to use and maintain CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System for the accurate recording of complaints, comments and compliments for the Crematorium
- To undertake general administration duties such as word processing and filing and to update and maintain computer based record systems and manual records as required and to use various office machinery where appropriate
- To assist and participate in staff training including health and safety, customer care, cash handling and to comply with all relevant policies and procedures
- At least one years experience working in an environment dealing with bereavement issues and providing support to customers in a sympathetic and sensitive manner
- Experience undertaking administration and cash handling duties
- Experience using IT software such as Microsoft Office or equivalent packages
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) including English
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.