Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Chargehand to join their team.
Role : Chargehand
Location : Coleraine
Hours of Work : 37 hrs per week
Rate of pay : 1-12 weeks £7.83 13 weeks + £9.16
Main Duties :
- General labouring including laying and cleaning of sewers, flagging, fencing, bituminous macadam work, erection and removal of appropriate signs and barriers, festive lights and trees and providing general support and assistance to skilled and specialist operatives .
- Duties may include driving of vehicles and wheeled tractors with simple attachments and, where appropriate, carrying out vehicle checks and required routine maintenance, eg oil and water checks, and cleaning.
- To operate powered hand tools, pressure and hot wash machines, minor plant and machinery including concrete saws and jackhammers.
- To take responsibility for the supervision of the squad when the work supervisor is off site.
- To deputise for the work supervisor when required.
- The clearance of fly tipped material including dead animals from public areas and cleaning of other areas using chemicals eg Chloris.
- To work at events to ensure crowd control, staging etc...
- To comply with and actively promote Council's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- To act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Local Government employees.
- Any other duties as may from time to time be required.
Essential Criteria :
Working experience in the Building/Civil Engineering trade carrying out the full range of duties shown below :
- Laying and cleaning sewers.
- Flagging fencing and bituminous macadam work.
- Providing support and assistance to skilled and specialist operatives.
- Operating powered hand tools and minor plant and machinery.
- Ability to work under own initiative and direct and motivate a group of employees.
- Driving vehicles in a work situation to include wheeled tractors with simple attachments.
- A full driving licence to include wheeled tractors with simple attachments.
- Must be physically able to do manual work.
Desirable Criteria :
- Supervisory Experience.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.