Grafton are currently recruiting for an ambitious experienced Sous Chef or Chef de Partie for a speciality coffee shop within Belfast's Cathedral Quarter. Our client has recently been named 'Best Café' in Co. Antrim at the Irish Restaurant Awards 2019.
- Work closely with the Head Chef on menu development, including costings, visual presentation, guest needs and wants and seasonal requirements
- Identify and liaise with suppliers to obtain pricing, order ingredients, receive ingredients and maintain necessary inventory, ensuring appropriate stock rotation procedures
- Continually check the standards of the kitchen inputs, processes, checklists and outputs to achieve a 5-star guest experience
- Adherence to food safety standards, cleaning schedules, health and safety and fire safety best practice to ensure employee safety and cafe cleanliness
- Ideally two/ three years experience in a similar role (with an ambition to progress to a head chef position)
- Excellent cooking skills and a passion for what you do, including 'Instagram ready' visual presentation
- An understanding of local producers together with seasonal and organic produce and ingredients
- The ability to contribute to profitable menus that meet the needs and wants of guests
- Effective two-way communication with colleagues
- Management, planning and organisational skills
- Decision making under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Working as part of a team with great interpersonal skills including excellent spoken English are a must
- The ability to work independently, or as part of a team, and make decisions confidently
- Problem-solving ability, preferably anticipating and resolving issues before they arise
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Kim on 02890 242824 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.